Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sanibel

What a week this has been! I can't believe that I only have two days left here. It's depressing ... though, admittedly, I do kind of miss home ... and all the books I forgot to bring. 
The prime activity I've done this week is bike. Bike, bike, bike. Yeuch. I am so exhausted at the moment that walking across the room is an Olympic feat. 
We went to J.N. "Ding" Darling reserve two days ago, where we went canoeing with Sid, Sadie, Aunt Peggy and Uncle Jeff. It was pretty fun, though I started to bake towards the end. We saw starfishes, egrets, and striped fish. We also saw two three foot long fishes jumping out of the water! It was incredible! (Though I was slightly disappointed that they weren't dolphins.)
We went to the time-tested Trailer Park, which is a small zoo. There are parrots and ducks, and even a few lemurs. It was nice, as always, but I've seen it several times before, and was, consequently, not that interesting.  Pumpkin and Fred the macaws are my favorite.
 Tennis is harder than it looks.
There's a lighthouse only a little way from us that we biked to yesterday. There were some parasailers by it. It looked like so much fun. I would love to do that. 
Today we biked to Sid's condo and went swimming. I got even more sunburned than I was already, which is just lovely, isn't it? I feel like a lobster. Owww...
Goodnight, kids. I'm too tired to focus for any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment