Friday, June 12, 2009

It Feels Like Summer

Frankly, I think summer starts when the weather gets warm and the fireflies come out. Fireflies are like a symbol of summer. There were some in the field, all glowy and bioluminescent. I caught one, but he was boring.
I went to an open house this evening. It was Lydia's mom's new house, and was quite nice, judging by what I saw of it. I was outside almost the full time, with Lydia and her (awesome) friends. It was an amazing amount of fun, I must say. We tried to take candid pictures of each other, played on the playground, drank soda, climbed walls, and talked a lot. It was fun. I had met most of the people last year at Lydia's birthday party, minus one. 'Twas nice.
There were fireflies in the field when I got back. They were pretty.
Aghh...I think I need to go to bed. Thank goodness it's the weekend. It feels like summer. Sigh...one more day...not including Regents. Well...I'll probably survive. Probably. If not, I want roses at my funeral. Either dark red ones or orange and white ones.
G'night, kids. Je suis tres fatigue. Maybe I'll watch NCIS in bed or something. (good show, watch it.) Cya.

2 comments:

  1. The fireflies were beautiful, weren't they. Have you ever seen the field flashing with what look like millions of bugs flashing nearly simultaneously? We had it a few years ago (and I think we might get another burst like that this year), and it was awe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Twas, wasn't it? By the way, I like your picture. Is that your Wii Mii?

    ReplyDelete