Thursday, October 22, 2009

Halloween Costumes

I had my costumes for the next three years all planned out. This year I would be a fairy, the next I would be a ninja, and the year after that I would be a gothic rag doll. It would all work out.
What I didn't bargain on happening was that it would be too cold to be a fairy. Of course. You can't go around in sleeveless dresses at the end of October. It just doesn't work. Sure, I had it all planned out, and I would look great in sparkly silver wings and my sequinned semi-formal dress, but, in the end, practicality triumphs again. I do not intend to walk around at night in the freezing cold in only a satiny dress and a pair of wings. It's just not going to work out.
So, now what am I going to do? I thought. Being a fairy is completely ruled out, and I was already a witch last year, after being the Red Death didn't work out, although that is by far the easiest costume. I was going to have to come up with something new - which involves going costume shopping.
After much wishy-washiness, I finally decided that I would steal the costume idea reserved for my senior year (however awesome it would look in the Halloween parade) and use it this year. I'm going to be a gothic rag doll, and creep myself out every time I look in the mirror.
Subject change: I am now severely ticked. Monstrously ticked. Do you know why? It is because Hulu has done something, I don't know what, and now I can't access Buffy the Vampire Slayer season two. Or three, or any of the other seasons. I can't continue where I left off, and it's incredibly annoying, because I love that show! And I don't know where I'm going to find them, either.
Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment