Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School...Got to Love It

...perhaps in the same way one loves a very pretty, fatally poisonous, rather creepy insect: very far away.
Sadly, tis not to be. Back in school today. Sitting at the table in the morning before the first bell rings, it was almost surreal to be back in that building that I've tried my hardest not to think about all summer. It felt almost like I'd never left.
The day was filled with introductions and almost nothing interesting. It's going to be a looong year, that will probably feel very fast in retrospect. (that's the way it works). Anywho, I'm taking digital Photography this year, which should be really interesting and wildly complicated. I also have an actual studyhall this year, in place of Horticulture (which took up my studyhall last year). In some ways, I actually find myself missing the chaos and familiarity and messiness of it. In other ways, I think it might be better off just in memory.
Oh, and something joyful to look forward to: I have coed gym ALL YEAR!!! Yay!!!!
That was sarcasm.
I can't stand coed gym. Playing sports is bad enough, but take away all friends (I have none in that class), and make me play with the boys, who are less forgiving and play too rough, and it is made into a recipe for H-E-double hockey sticks.
Tirzah and Gracie are missing from our lunch period. I find this very sad. I will hardly get to see them at all this year.
I strongly dislike the bus. It's too loud. Too smelly. Too child-infested.
Hate is not a bad word.
And on a parting note, never put Mojito dressing on a vegetable sandwich. It just doesn't work.

2 comments:

  1. That's why I track this blog. Where else would I get my much need Mojito dressing tips? What dressing would you recommend for your veggie sangwich? And what fun things should we do this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you! I would suggest Sweet Onion dressing, like they have at subway and is to die for, but sadly, we do not have that in the house. We should get it.
    This weekend? We should take a hike in Ithaca. And eat caramel apples.
    Hey did you know that "mel" means honey in some ancient language? I wonder if that's why "caramel" ends in "mel"...because it's like a honey! I wonder what "cara" means...

    ReplyDelete