Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'm too nice

For some reason I'm Facebook friends with people I don't actually like. I hear this is a common problem. I guess it happened around the beginning of the account creation, when I was afraid to deny friend requests out of fear of being rude. I've since learned, of course, that it's much simpler just to ignore them until they go away, and you've got to do that because otherwise you'd be friends with every Tom, Dick, and Harry and your newsfeed would be essentially atomized by all the Farmville updates.
Anyway, I still have some of these annoying people on there that I haven't gotten around to deleting yet (I'm waiting until I go off to college and won't see them on a regular basis), and they still, of course, put stupid stuff up that it kills me not to reply to with liberal doses of sarcasm. 
Except I'm nice. Or concerned about my reputation as a nice girl. One of those two, pick the one that seems less Machiavellian. Anyway, since I don't have the guts to be nasty on Facebook, here's the one comment today that irked me.

Some person wrote: "I live this life everyday I make my share of mistakes
and every lesson I learned i've learned the hard way."

Well, that's a very heuristic approach to life, but don't you think it would cause you less hardship and heartbreak to pay more attention to the lessons other people teach you? 
(And there's some lessons I really hope you haven't learned the hard way. Like, 'death is bad'. Or 'do not eat arsenic.')


There's your dose of snark for today. I'm sure there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment