Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tailcoats

So, I'm a senior. And because I'm a senior, that means I get to dress up for Halloween and parade around the school. It's awfully exciting, especially since I adore Halloween. In a vote, I would undoubtedly put it down for the best holiday. I mean, Christmas is happy and family-oriented and there are lots of presents (oh, come on. Who doesn't like presents? Except for those non-materialists. Pff! Un-American, I say), and Thanksgiving is full of yum, but Halloween. You get to dress up. For one night a year, you can pretend to be someone completely different. It's fun. I'd even argue that it's healthy, getting a chance to get out of your own skin.
Anyway, since the seniors like to do things in groups, we often have themes. And I, somehow, bizarrely, got roped into the Rocky Horror Picture Show group. ...Yes. You heard right. The one where everyone wears fishnets, and runs around being terribly promiscuous. And, somehow, I'm Columbia.
This is Columbia, for reference:
Yep. Not sure how that happened.
So, I went costume shopping today, since Halloween is in a mere two weeks, and there is a Halloween party in a mere one. I found fishnets and a gold top hat pretty easily, because apparently lots of people need top hats and fishnets, I don't know. But, for the life of me (and we scoured the store), I could not find a gold sparkly tail coat. And, clearly, that's rather imperative.
I was about to give in to despair, when I had a brilliant idea. (Okay, that was a bit of a dramatization).  I had found a gold, sparkly muumuu. And, lately, I've taken up many clothy crafts (most notably, making stuffed animals. I'm most proud of my purple pegasus that I gave to Ashley). So - why not make one myself?
I can hear you gasping in horror, and mouthing "noooo!" I'll keep you updated. ;)
(I'll probably end up making the bowtie, too...)

No comments:

Post a Comment