Thursday, April 9, 2009

At Long Last!

It is spring break, at very, very, long last! I am ecstatic bordering on delirious, for more than one reason. 
The first reason is that it is, finally!, sunny! I have been waiting forever for a warm, sunny day, and here one is! I LOVE YOU, MR. SUN!
The second reason is that I am obviously out of school.
The third reason is that I am going to a party tonight, at my friend Mary's house. It is Disney princess themed...don't ask...but at any rate, it should be tons upon tons of fun, though I may have to run out of the room when the Disney movies start driving me insane. Woo hoo!
The fourth reason is that I read my book today in Science, and it was well received. Oh, that's right, I haven't mentioned my book. Well, in Science, we had a project to write a children's book. Mine was exceedingly morbid (but very fun to write). 
THE CLASS LOVED IT!!!!! I am SO happy! Mrs. Kirk was slightly appalled, but in a humorous way that does not seem to imply a bad grade. I kept having small giggling fits while reading it. I edited out some parts, such as "etc, etc, the leeches said before attaching themselves to her lower leg" and "she stared vacantly and drooled." I, however, didn't leave out the part about Ellie getting eaten...that would obviously ruin it. 
As I was leaving the pep rally later, Mrs. Kirk saw me and said to another teacher (but also to me), "You've got to watch out for that girl...she's very different than she seems." That wasn't what she actually said, but it was along the same lines. It was really funny. 
Keep up with the posts...I'll be sure to write a lot in the days ahead.

3 comments: