Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Planes, Trams, Unstable Suitcases, and Sanibel At Last!

After going to bed at 11:00 last night, I still had to wake up at 6:00. I can be so brilliant some times. But it didn't really matter, apparently, since it's eight o'clock and I still haven't crashed. Though the couch is very comfortable, and the warm breeze from the ocean is relaxing...
But I'm getting ahead of myself. 
I hate flying, I've decided, though it's okay if you have a window seat. If you're stuck in the middle, however, it can get really gross. Ginger ale helps, and that's pretty much all that I ate today...excluding complimentary peanuts and chocolate. 
In the Detroit airport, we got temporarily stuck on a tram. We got to our station, but the doors wouldn't open, and the emergency open wouldn't work. Eventually we got off, quite a ways from where we wanted to be. We don't know what caused it.
I am incredibly uncoordinated. I kept running my suitcase into things, including myself, other people, and stationary objects. 
Flying from Detroit to Atlanta, someone had a seizure on the plane. I didn't see, but we were worried that we'd have to land somewhere else. We didn't have to in the end, though, because we were close enough to Atlanta. 
From Atlanta to Fort Meyers, we got rerouted around the thunderstorms over southern Florida. It didn't delay us, and I barely noticed. I ususally find it hard to sleep on air planes, unless I can lean against the wall, as I did today. That was incredibly relaxing, actually, and I didn't feel sick. 
And now, it's eight thirty in Sanibel, Florida! It's pouring and thundering out, but it will be gone by tomorrow (or so my sources tell me), and as I wasn't intending to go out anyway, the breeze and the smell of tropical rain is just so...perfect. *happy sigh*
Who wants me to bring them back shells? 

3 comments: