Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ocean


I spent a good portion of my day at the beach. The rest of it was walking to the bike rental, three miles away.
I much preferred being at the beach, though, kind of obviously. The water is incredibly shallow for ages, and really warm. Also, the waves really aren't that big. I must have been in the water for an hour, jumping into waves. The highest wave was only slightly taller than me, which isn't that big if you think about it, and especially if you're jumping it. And methinks there was only one or two waves like that, actually. 
I'll try not to make you jealous. 
Seriously, though, what I'm enjoying the most is being able to go outside and not have to brace yourself for colder temperatures. And everything is so green. It's so alive down here! Also, there are tons upon tons of lizards everywhere. You can see them every ten feet on the bike path, and there's more hiding in the trees. I really don't know what to compare them to up north. I don't think they have an awesomeness counterpart, unfortunately. 
I haven't tried to catch one yet, and I don't think I'll be able to. They're incredibly fast.
Lighthouse Cafe all the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment